Simple to cook spiced meatballs in tomato sauce. Your whole family will surely enjoy this meal. Perfect for those cold winter night..
- 450g pork mince
- 225g diced bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- Spaghetti to serve
- grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- For the sauce:
- 600g vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- Put the meat into a food processor, add all the remaining meatball ingredients and process until smooth. At this stage the mixture is ready to use, but you can cover the bowl and leave it to mature in the fridge overnight if preferred.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into small even-sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the meatballs, in batches if necessary, until evenly browned.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the spaghetti and tomato sauce.
- Pour the tomato sauce over them, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the spaghetti and grated Parmesan cheese.
For the tomato sauce:
1. Put the tomatoes into a pan with the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and oregano. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
2. Add the basil, salt and pepper to taste and a little sugar if required. Simmer uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
My children and husband absolutely love this meatballs recipe and is one of their favourite dinner. Enjoy x
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 45g||69.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||5.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.